This will be the second year that the PHPNW Conference will feature an Unconference track, running in tandem with the main conference track (on Saturday 6th Oct).
Our unconference host and Chair this year will be John Le Drew who will be running the show in that track. The Uncon track is split into two sections, spread throughout Saturday:
In true “unconference” fashion, the attendees will choose what topics are discussed but they should have some obvious link ot PHP. Unconference sessions will be relatively short, at 20 minutes with 5 minutes at the end for Q&A.
- Participation will be open to registered attendees of the PHPNW12 Conference only. Submissions should be made to John as early as possible on the Saturday morning or if you are at the Hackathon on Friday evening you could talk to John there. If you would like to submit your talk in advance or discuss anything about your submission with John then you can contact him on the link below.
- Once submitted you cannot change the amount / what you have submitted.
- The Chair will select Speakers on the day and allocate their slot.
The last hour of the Unconference session will be taken up by Speed Geeking. Speed Geeking works like this:
- We have a series of speakers, spread out around the room, with a few attendees at each one
- The speakers deliver a 5 minute talk
- After 5 minutes, we ring a bell and everyone moves along to the next speaker
- Speakers give their 5 minute pitch to the new group in front of them, and the cycle repeats.
If you are interested in being a speed geek speaker, and giving the same 5 minute talk 8 times in a row to random strangers, shoot an email off to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PHPNW12 Unconference is a fluid, fast-paced, agile creation, and is a supplement to the main conference. As an attendee, you should feel free to come and go as you please, and you shouldn’t be surprised if we change things around a bit on the spot. The goal is to have some fun and to give you an opportunity to see something a little different. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.