This will be the third year that the PHPNW Conference will feature an Unconference track, running in tandem with the main conference track (on Saturday 5th Oct).
Our unconference host and Chair this year will be Kathryn Reeve who will be running the show in that track. The Uncon track is split into two sections, spread throughout Saturday:
In true “unconference” fashion, Unconference sessions will be relatively short, at 20 minutes with 5 minutes at the end for Q&A. The lightning talk that is chosen as the best talk of the day at this years conference will receive a guaranteed speaker slot at PHPNW14 as part of the main conference.
- Participation will be open to registered attendees of the PHPNW13 Conference only. Submissions should be made to Kat as early as possible on the Saturday morning or if you are at the Hackathon on Friday evening you could talk to Kat there. If you would like to submit your talk in advance or discuss anything about your submission with Kat then you can contact her on the link below.
- Once submitted you cannot change the amount / what you have submitted.
- The Chair will select Speakers on the day and allocate their slot.
The last hour of the Unconference session will be taken up by Speed Geeking. Speed Geeking works like this:
- We have a series of speakers, spread out around the room, with a few attendees at each one
- The speakers deliver a 5 minute talk
- After 5 minutes, we ring a bell and everyone moves along to the next speaker
- Speakers give their 5 minute pitch to the new group in front of them, and the cycle repeats.
If you are interested in being a speed geek speaker, and giving the same 5 minute talk 8 times in a row to random strangers, shoot an email off to email@example.com.
The PHPNW13 Unconference is a fluid, fast-paced, agile creation, and is a supplement to the main conference. As an attendee, you should feel free to come and go as you please, and you shouldn’t be surprised if we change things around a bit on the spot. The goal is to have some fun and to give you an opportunity to see something a little different. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.